What could be better than a day of terrific golf, friendly competition, great food and beverages, and wonderful prizes? Join us for the 15th Annual Board of Deacons Golf Outing on Wednesday, May 24th at Farmstead Golf and Country Club in Lafayette, NJ. All are welcome! The friendly 4 player/best ball team format guarantees everyone an enjoyable day regardless of skill level. Check-in begins at 11:30 a.m. followed by a shotgun start at 1:30 p.m.. The afternoon on the course is followed by a sponsored Appetizer Hour, Buffet Dinner and cash bar. Come for the entire afternoon, or just for dinner! The day promises fellowship as well as the opportunity to network while directly supporting Youth, Music & Outreach Ministries at First Pres. To sign up, register online at charitygolftoday.com/boardofdeacons.
The Board of Deacons of The First Presbyterian Church at Caldwell holds this annual Golf Outing to raise funds to support the many outreach programs offered to the congregation as well as the local community. The funds will support a combination of any of the following ministries:
- Youth Ministries and Youth Mission Trips (i.e., The Pittsburgh Project and The Philadelphia Project): The children and youth at The First Presbyterian Church at Caldwell participate in a number of events throughout the year that promote fellowship including retreats, game nights, white water rafting, ice skating, snow tubing and more. Educating the youth of FPC on the value and importance of mission work both nationally, and locally, is a priority at The First Presbyterian Church at Caldwell.
- Music Ministries: The Board of Deacons also supports the music ministry at FPCwhich elevates worship services and promotes fellowship and cooperation. The Music Ministries include Chancel Choir, the Bell Choir, the children’s choirs, and children’s performances such as Choir Camp and the Christmas Family Service.
Thank you for participating in this year’s Golf Outing and supporting all the good works of the Board of Deacons of The First Presbyterian Church at Caldwell.
Additional Outreach Ministries Supported by Funds from the Board of Deacons:
- Caldwell Food Pantry (revolving collections)
- Oasis, A Haven for Women & Children in Paterson
- St. John’s Soup Kitchen in Newark (monthly Sandwich Nights)
- Our Lady of the Valley Soup Kitchen in Orange (weekly Soup Kitchens)
- Bi-annual Blood Drives, Coat & Sweater Drives
- Annual Turkey Drive to benefit Community Foodbank of NJ
- Annual Cookie Walk to benefit those in need in our local community
- Neighbor Brigade