Please note this guidance is subject to change at any time as new information arises.
1. Every person who plans to attend any worship service at FPC must preregister for that service. At this time, FPC is limiting attendance to maintain appropriate social distance to prevent the spread of illness. Everyone is welcome to apply for a reservation through web/link or telephone (973-228-0310). Preregistration opens the Monday before the service. Preregistration closes at 2:30 pm the Friday before the service, or sooner if approved seating limits are reached earlier in the week. (Please understand if those preregistered have not arrived onsite and gone through the onsite check-process by 11:00 am, their reserved seating for that service may be forfeited.
2. Any person who is ill or any person who lives with a person who is ill or not feeling well, MUST stay home for the health of others.
3. Please do a temperature check at home the morning of the church service, and make sure everyone arriving at the church from your household has temperature below 100.4°F. If someone in your household has a fever, please stay home and watch the service online. Temperatures will be taken onsite only for people who arrive at the church and have forgotten to do this at home.
4. Anyone who has a household member currently under quarantine may not enter the church until the household member’s quarantine period is over and that potential case is resolved.
5. Any people who are at increased risk to become ill with COVID-19 are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to continue to worship virtually by watching our services through the FPC Website and getting the links to the Illuminate Facebook page or the Zoom link to the service. Please contact the church office, if needed, for more information about these opportunities.
6. All people attending church MUST WEAR MASKS for the entire time they are on church premises. The mask must cover the nose and mouth of the person. The only exception is for children under the age of two, they do not have to wear a mask.
7. Social distancing must be maintained at all times between persons that do not currently live together in the same household.
8. Attendees will enter the building only at the Nursery School stairwell entrance near the staff parking lot. While waiting six feet apart during the check-in process, reservations will be confirmed, and the COVID-19 statements affirmed.
9. At this time, seating will be limited to 25 congregants in addition to worship leaders/participants. (This cap will be raised as community spread of COVID-19 conditions improve.)
10. Worship leaders are required to wear masks except when they are performing their leadership role within the service – singing, playing, praying, and/or preaching. However, social distancing will always be maintained.
11. Hand sanitizers will also be available at the church doors inside the Fellowship Hall or at the registration area.
12. Seating will be filled starting from the front area near the stage. Attendees will take one of the provided chairs (that will have been wiped down) and move it to where the ushers directs. Seats will be arranged to provide proper social distancing between different households. Attendees should follow the usher’s directions, and please stay in their seats once they have been seated.
13. Offerings will continue online. Mailed in donations continue to also be gladly accepted. In addition, there will be baskets at the entry door if people choose to leave donations, and the donations will be safely deposited to church accounts.
14. The taking of communion on the first Sunday of the month can occur. Prepackaged communion juice and wafer sets will be available for pick-up by attendees at the registration table. Attendees will take prepackaged communion juice/wafer sets themselves. Congregants may instead bring their own elements for their own households. In addition, at the end of the service kindly take any communion cups with you as you leave. There will be a garbage receptacle by the exit.
15. Our worship leaders will pray and preach. Our designated singers will sing, and we will hear instruments praising God with joyful noise! The congregation can clap, snap, or hum during the songs, however, there can be no congregational singing, communal prayers, congregational responses at this time.
16. Everyone is strongly encouraged to use the restroom AT HOME before services. The downstairs bathroom outside Fellowship Hall will be available for EMERGENCY USE ONLY.
17. When it is time for people to leave, please wait to be directed by an usher. People should remain seated until an usher signals you to leave. Please be patient and maintain a safe social distance until it is your turn to leave.
18. The Worship Leaders cannot greet people at the door at this time. We cannot greet one another at the doors, or on the sidewalk of the grounds. For now, everyone must exit the building and leave the grounds as quickly as possible.
19. Coffee hour will remain virtual as it is now.
20. If someone becomes ill during the event and it appears 911 is needed, 911 will be called. If it appears the person can drive home safely or be driven home by a family member, the person will be quickly separated from other attendees and be escorted to their vehicle.
21. If anyone who attends any of our services is called by a contact tracer, it is FPC’s expectation that the person should cooperate with the contact tracer. Contact tracing is one of the keys to stopping the spread of COVID-19
22. Let’s work together to stay healthy and worship safely!
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT AN IN-PERSON CHURCH SERVICE MAY BE CANCELLED BY THE CHURCH AT ANY TIME IN RESPONSE TO CHANGES IN COVID-19 PROTOCOLS OR OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES.