Please note this guidance is subject to change at any time as new information arises.
1. Every person who plans to attend any worship service at FPC must register for that service onsite.
2. Any person who is feeling ill and/or has a current COVID-19 case may not enter church property.
3. Anyone currently under quarantine may not enter the church property until their quarantine period is over and the potential case is resolved. In addition, anyone who has not been fully vaccinated and has a household member currently under quarantine may not enter the church property until the household member’s quarantine period is over and that potential case is resolved.
4. Any people who are at increased risk to become ill with COVID-19 are ENCOURAGED to continue to worship virtually by watching our services online. Please contact the church office, if needed, for more information about these opportunities.
5. At this time, all people attending church services MUST WEAR MASKS while indoors on church premises. The mask must cover the nose and mouth of the person. An exception is for children under the age of two, they do not have to wear a mask. Masks may be moved momentarily for the taking of communion.
6. Entrance for Sanctuary Service: Ramped door entrance
Entrance for Fellowship Hall Service: Nursery School stairwell entrance
Entrance for Chapel Service: Bloomfield Ave entrance across from Chapel
7. Social distancing must be maintained by unvaccinated households/persons at this time. If you do not know the vaccination status of an individual, maintain social distance. People who mutually know they are fully vaccinated may choose to be closer together.
8. Capacity limits are the fire limits for any given room/space with distancing provided since unvaccinated people require it and some vaccinated people may be uncomfortable without it.
9. Worship leaders are required to wear masks except when they are performing their leadership role within the service – singing, playing, praying, and/or preaching. However, social distancing should be maintained whenever possible.
10. Hand sanitizers will also be available.
11. Please follow the usher’s directions, and please try to stay in your seat once you have been seated.
12. Offerings will continue online. Mailed in donations continue to also be gladly accepted. In addition, there will be baskets at the entry door if people choose to leave donations.
13. The taking of communion on the first Sunday of the month can occur. Prepackaged communion juice and wafer sets will be available for pick-up by attendees at the registration table. Attendees will take prepackaged communion juice/wafer sets themselves. Congregants may instead bring their own elements for their own households. In addition, at the end of the service kindly take any communion cups with you as you leave. There will be a garbage receptacle by the exit.
14. Congregational singing, communal prayers, and congregational responses can occur during an indoor service if attendees are masked.
15. Everyone is encouraged to use the restroom at home before services. However, there will be a bathroom available for use.
16. When it is time for people to leave, please try to maintain a safe social distance as needed.
17. If someone becomes ill during the event and it appears 911 is needed, 911 will be called. If it appears the person can drive home safely or be driven home by a family member, the person will be quickly separated from other attendees and be escorted to their vehicle.
18. If anyone who attends any of our services is called by a contact tracer, it is FPC’s expectation that the person should cooperate with the contact tracer. Contact tracing is one of the keys to stopping the spread of COVID-19
19. Let’s work together to stay healthy and worship safely!
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT AN IN-PERSON CHURCH SERVICE MAY BE CANCELLED BY THE CHURCH AT ANY TIME IN RESPONSE TO CHANGES IN COVID-19 PROTOCOLS OR OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES.