1. Every person or household who plans to attend a worship service at FPC MUST send in a reservation request prior to the service. We must limit attendance at these events to maintain appropriate social distance to prevent the spread of illness. Everyone is welcomed to apply for a reservation through web/link or telephone (973-228-0310) up until we meet the approved space limits. We will let people know if their reservation has been accepted or not. Please do not come if you have been notified that our spaces are already filled.
2. Any person who is feeling ill or any person who lives with a person who is ill or not feeling well, MUST stay home for the health of others.
3. Please do a temperature check shortly before the worship service, and make sure no one attending from your household has a temperature that is/or above 100.4° F. If someone in your household has a fever, please stay home and watch the event online.
4. Anyone who has a household member currently under quarantine may not enter the church property until the household member’s quarantine period is over and that potential case is resolved.
5. Any people who are at increased risk to become ill with COVID-19 due to age or pre-existing conditions are strongly encouraged to continue to worship virtually by watching our services through the FPC website and getting the links to the FPC Facebook page, or the Livestream service.
6. A temperature check will also be done for participants onsite upon check-in for the event.
7. Worshippers will enter ONLY from the area marked “Event Entrance”. Please wait for an usher to direct you.
8. Hand sanitizers will also be available in the outdoor area upon arrival. Please use it or bring your own and use that as you enter the event.
9. We will fill the areas first starting closest to the performing area. Areas are marked to provide proper social distancing. Your entire household should enter together, sit together and stay together for the duration of your time on church property. People will need to bring their own lawn chair or a towel/blanket on which to sit.
10. All people attending a worship service or broadcast of it MUST WEAR MASKS for the entire time they are on church premises. The mask must cover the nose and mouth of the person. The only exceptions are for children under the age of two; they do not have to wear a mask. In addition, masks may be moved momentarily for the taking of communion.
11. There should be no attendees moving through the congregation during the event, unless there is an emergency. People may stand in place but not walk about.
12. There can be no congregational singing, communal prayers, congregational responses at this time. Our worship leaders will pray and preach. Our designated singers will sing, and we will hear instruments praising God with joyful noise. Worshippers may clap, snap, sway, or hum softly behind their masks during the service.
13. No papers will be handed out to attendees.
14. Offerings will continue online which are gladly accepted. The work of the church continues, the staff must be paid, the lights are kept on and the computers hum. Offerings are vital to the work of the church and are gratefully appreciated.
15. As we leave, those sitting furthest from the screen/focus/worship leaders will exit first. Please be patient and maintain a safe social distance until it is your turn to leave. Please remember to leave adequate social distance spacing as you walk and exit the church premises.
16. At the conclusion of the event, everyone must exit the church premises quietly. There can be no lingering or close greeting one another on church property. This will be difficult, be patient and remind one another that masks are worn and social distance is kept because of our love and respect for one another
17. Everyone is strongly encouraged to use the restroom AT HOME before services. We have a bathroom available for EMERGENCY USE ONLY. In the event of an emergency, the downstairs bathroom in the gym will be available for EMERGENCY USE ONLY. An usher must alert the on-duty sexton or janitorial service staff member via text after each use of the bathroom facilities, so that the bathroom, stairway railings, door handles, etc. can be sanitized in between uses. The organizer of the event needs to keep a record of anyone who enters the building, this record shall be given to the church office.
18. The taking of communion on communion Sunday can occur. Prepackaged communion juice and wafer sets will be available for pick-up by attendees at the registration table. Gloved and masked attendants at the table will monitor process. Attendees will take prepackaged communion juice wafer sets themselves. Congregants may instead bring their own elements.
19. Social distancing must be maintained at all times between persons that do not currently live together in the same household. These are CDC guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19