Deacons greet the congregation at the Bloomfield Ave. and Westville Ave. entrances of the sanctuary on the second Sunday morning of every month.
Fostering a spirit of hospitality in our church has never been more important. What can we do as a congregation to grow our church and participate in this vision?
- Pray for new people
- Look for unknown people at church
- Be the first to reach out!
- Do it with enthusiasm
- Introduce yourself: “Hi, my name is…”
- Listen for their name.
- Repeat it more than twice in conversation.
- Introduce one to another.
- Tell people they are appreciated.
- If you haven’t seen someone at church in a while, tell people they are missed.