“The purpose of our Youth Ministry at the First Presbyterian Church at Caldwell is to Reach Over to students in our congregation and community, providing a safe, caring and fun environment in order to equip them to Reach Up – learning about God, challenging them to grow in a relationship with Jesus Christ, and fostering a desire to Reach Out, providing opportunities to serve others in Jesus’ name and become leaders within the church.”
This Fall in Middle School Sunday School (6th and 7th Grade) we are diving into the story of the Bible through “The Bible” Mini-Series. In September we began with the Old Testament and will work our way up to the Nativity by Christmas!
Jr. High Fellowship
Please join me in welcoming our Youth Intern, Lauren Restaino! Lauren will be leading Jr. High Youth Group this year. You may recognize her name and face from when she worked at FPC as our Communications and Administrative Assistant. We hope that all our Middle Schoolers can join us for our Jr. High Fellowship events this month:
- Sunday, October 8th – 1:30-4pm – We will be headed to Fairfield Farms for a fun afternoon picking pumpkins, going through the Corn Maze and having some apple cider! Bring $20. We need a parent volunteer to drive for this event as well. Please let me know if you are available.
- Sunday, October 15th -5:30-7pm – Cedar Grill and Scavenger Hunt – Please make sure to bring a permission slip for this event as it is offsite! We will work in groups at this fun Scavenger Hunt and then head to Cedar Grill for pizza. Bring $5 for pizza.
- Sunday, October 22nd – 5:30-7pm – Pancakes and Dodgeball – Bring $5 for dinner.
- Sunday, October 29th – 5:30-7pm – Tacos and Halloween Fun – Bring $5 for dinner and wear a costume!! We will be playing games and having a costume contest!
Fall Retreat at Camp Johnsonburg
All 6th-8th graders are invited to join us for a fun weekend at Camp Johnsonburg December 1st-3rd! Please register by Sunday, October 29th.
Here is how you register using the code CaldMS:
1. Go to http://cwngui.campwise.com/Customer/…/browser-check-reg.htmlto register
2. If the participant already has an account they will log in. Once logged in, on the left side under campers, make sure to select the correct camper name. On the right side under Enrollment, click on the green “Add New Program” button. A screen appears asking if you have a Group Hold Registration. In the space under Enter GHR ID is where they will enter the Group Hold Code. Then click “Save/Next” at the bottom of the page. Only after entering the code will they be able to register with your group for the Youth Retreat.
3. If the participant does not have an account, they will click on “Create New Account”. This will be for the parent/adult. It takes just a few minutes to fill out some biographical information to create one and add their ”Camper”. (To register for events in our database system, everyone needs to be a “Camper”. So please be sure to tell the adults when registering to add themselves as “Campers”) A few steps into that process it will show them a page for Group Hold Registration
4. Once the Group Hold Code is entered, the participant will select Youth Retreat and click “Save/Next”. They will then select the retreat they will be attending and the Tier Price for the retreat and click on “Save/Next”. They will then complete the rest of the forms in the registration process. (With the Group Hold Code, only the youth retreat you have a group hold for will appear.)
All 6th-8th grade students are invited to join us for Jr. High Fellowship! Medical Release Forms and Permission slips are required for off-site events and may be found in the rack next to the Christian Ed desk or downloaded here.