The First Presbyterian Church at Caldwell is located at the corner of Bloomfield Ave. & Roseland Ave.
We’ve been at this historic corner for 225 years. We would like to introduce ourselves to you.
We are a congregation of 850 members. At one time we owned most of the center of Caldwell, when it was known as Horseneck. We sold off the property to build our present church. We changed the name of the community to Caldwell after James Caldwell, the Fighting Parson, who served as Deputy General in Washington’s army, and helped establish our church. Our 2nd pastor was Richard Cleveland who named his first son Steven Grover after our first pastor. He became the 22nd and 24th president of the United States. The Baby Ruth candy bar was named after Ruth Cleveland, the first baby born in the White House.
Here’s some of what we do!
- We worship God two times each Sunday at 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM.
- We have outstanding preaching about the Bible and the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- We teach children about God on Sundays during Sunday School.
- We have bible study groups and ministries for adult education.
- We have 3 Bell Choirs.
- We have 5 Singing Choirs.
- We have over 30 junior and senior high kids who put on a musical each year and take it on tour, either in the U.S. or overseas.
- We have a series of special performances throughout the year, including Broadway Comes to Caldwell and MESSIAH sing-a-long.
- We have sent members to Mississippi (six times!) to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- We serve at soup kitchens each month.
- We have a group of Dads who meet each Saturday morning to discuss their roles as dads and husbands.
- We have a Weekday Nursery School for pre-K children.
- We have ‘small groups‘ that meet regularly for fun and fellowship.
- We have a Women’s Fellowship who meet monthly for a luncheon.
- We have a second women’s group called Women4Women who meet regularly.
- We have groups of Junior and Senior High School students that go to Pittsburgh each year to help with home renovations and repairs for the elderly and disabled.
- We have youth fellowship groups for Junior and Senior High students.
- We open our gym on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights for adult basketball, pickleball and volleyball.
- We have a Heritage and Art gallery to display our historic documents and our collection of 60 biblical paintings.
- We have special programs for blood donations, clothing and food collections.
- We help support 21 missionaries and mission groups throughout the world.
It could change your life!